YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wal-mart Wanderings

Yesterday I went to Wal-mart to buy rat food. Apparently someone overheard me asking the Wal-mart employee where it was, because while I was scanning the aisles of various pet food I was approached by a young man. His hair was lime green. He had giant gages. And there were three hoops in is bottom lip.

"Did you say you're shopping for rat food?" he asked.
"Um, yeah," I said (staying as far away from him as I could without being rude. See Mom, I do have common sense!).
"So you have a rat."
"Yes." (Didn't the fact I was shopping for rat food make that rather obvious?)
"Right on!" Green-hair-lip-rings-gage-boy exclaimed.

Then he preceded to tell me all about his roomate, who breeds rats, and show me a video on his phone of a rat spinning in circles (on command!). He also somehow managed to say "right-on!" about a hundred times in our five-minute conversation. Wal-mart is always such an adventure.

In other news...I took the ACT this morning. It was about as much fun as getting your hand stuck in the disposal. And I think I got frostbite from sitting in the below-zero classroom. But now I'm babysitting my favorite little boys, and things are certainly looking up. :)

3 comments:

  1. AND you'll be seeing your BFF tonight, so that makes things even better! ;-P (Maybe we should wear our shirts? That way we can be a convention all by ourselves. Or, if we go walking, an athletic team!)
    Right on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Lime green hair AND gages. I'm surprised you didn't ask him out to lunch :)

    I love the way you write. Keep up the good work!

    Love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this guy sounds amazing. maybe i should try the green hair look? i mean i already tried teal. :P

    ReplyDelete