YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Froggies and Faucets and Fairy Tales

Tadpoles have infested my books.
Every time I open one up, the tadpoles squiggle across the pages.
Needless to say, I can't read.

Someone has replaced my nasal passages with a faucet.
I've gone through a trash-can-full of Kleenex today.
Needless to say, I can't breathe.

A little creature scratched up my throat.
And there's a frog croaking in my chest.
Needless to say, I'm sick.

And now...if you survived my sorrowful soliloquy...I'll post a few pictures.

This is in Downtown Moscow.  Seriously.  Right off Main Street.
 Winco is the place to shop in Moscow.  This fantastic grocery store is equipped with numerous vats of various goods--for really low prices!

Jessie filling up a bag with oatmeal...for 3 cents an ounce!
 Since I don't eat a lot of meat, nuts are pretty essential to my diet.  I was delighted to discover this fancy little machine that grinds raw peanuts directly into my cup!  It's a lot easier than making my own.

My dear new friend: the peanut butter maker!
The Ryan family, who I stayed with when I visited Moscow before, sweetly invited Mom, Jess, and I over for dinner.  It was so good to see them again!

(FYI: Jessie is taking the picture)
This is my new house.  Isn't it adorable?!  The inside is darling, and I'm loving having my own room.

Roomies!  L to R: Me, Julie, Heather, Kaitlyn
 On Saturday morning, I had Convocation.  (Which is why my housemates are wearing robes in the previous picture; second-year scholars get to wear robes to school events!)  After Convocation, Mom and I went to a school picnic.  There we got to see Caleb and his beautiful new bride!


It's been a whirlwind week, and I'm still not quite sure what to think or feel.  Please pray that God would heal me quickly, that I might encounter all these changes with strength and courage!  Not only that, but I have a Latin Recitation tomorrow and hundreds of pages of reading to do...no time for the sickies!

2 comments:

  1. I'm craving some of that granola from Winco! So cheap!
    I hope you feel better, sickie!

    P.S. Please appreciate my breakfast: one all natural, berry waffle, topped with peanut butter, greek yogurt, and banana; one single-serving pomegranate-blueberry applesauce.

    P.P.S. Thank you for posting the picture at the Ryan's without me...I'd have never forgiven you if you'd have posted the other one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Tali! Moscow seems like a cool place

    ReplyDelete